The Sal Gentile Scholarship for Jazz Studies at Reinhardt University was established in 2013 by Dick Hall and Dr. Dana Hall to benefit a deserving student and to honor Dick’s jazz guitar teacher and friend, Sal Gentile. The scholarship is intended to not only help the awarded student, but also, to help sustain the study of America’s Music, Jazz.
Each year the Scholarship is awarded at Reinhardt University’s Jazz Band’s Spring Concert and is effective for the following school year. The Awardee is selected by the faculty of the School of Performing Arts based on the following criteria:
- Should be an overall outstanding student.
- Should be an outstanding ( though not necessarily the best) jazz musician.
- Should participate in the Jazz Program during the period of the scholarship.
- Have a real love of Jazz as an art form.
- Be deserving of financial aid.